11 Ways to Give Thanks During the Holidays
This time of year, it’s easy to get wrapped up in the hubbub of gift shopping, holiday parties and finding the perfect tree. But it’s good to take a breath once in a while and consider all that we have to be thankful for, and what we can do to share it.
- Write a thank you note to someone who doesn’t expect it, like your parents, mailman or babysitter. A handwritten note shows particular thoughtfulness.
- Tell your kids you love them. Once is never enough!
- Volunteer at a soup kitchen or homeless shelter. Sharing your time and energy with those less fortunate is a nice way to give back to the community.
- Bake a pie for your neighbors. It’s a kind gesture and the perfect DIY gift.
- Enjoy nature. Take a walk in the woods, or, if you live in the city, a park. The organic beauty of the natural world is truly awe-inspiring.
- Nurture an indoor plant during the winter. Terrariums make a charming accent to any space.
- Decorate your table with beauty and bounty of the outdoors, like pine cones, acorns and branches. It makes a simple yet stunning centerpiece for the Thanksgiving table.
- Shower your pets with attention. They are always there for you.
- Take a bubble bath. Indulge yourself and give thanks for your senses.
- Read a book. Celebrate the amazing capacity of the human mind.
- Think positively. If you think with an open heart, chances are you’ll act likewise.
How do you give thanks for the beautiful things in your life? Leave a comment! We'd love to hear from you.